PROOFS, TESTS… EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TOTAL EXCELLIUM FUELS
Video Inserted here, ID = 1286023122341
Why has the formula of TOTAL EXCELLIUM fuels evolved?
Vehicles have evolved immensely in order to adapt to the new emission control standards (and especially Euro 6). New engines are therefore more and more demanding concerning fuel (temperature and high pressures).
- With the emergence of indirect injection systems for petrol engines, it is necessary to preserve the sensitive components such as injectors.
- Indirect injection petrol engines continue to develop, and new constraints appear with variable valve lift technologies.
- The number of Stop & Start vehicles and hybrid vehicles is increasing, and these new technologies are more complex and more sensitive to fouling.
- A fuel must answer effectively the needs of every engine and of every technology, whether old or new.
Engine cleanliness, what is it exactly?
||For petrol engines : TOTAL EXCELLIUM 95 prevents up to 93% (1) of inlet valves fouling on indirect injection engines. It keeps the admission system clean. It enables to clean up to 90% (2) of existing fouling on the inlet valves. TOTAL EXCELLIUM 95 prevents up to 79% (3) of injector fouling on direct injection engines. It enables to clean up to 51%(3) of existing fouling on the injectors.
How can a fuel maintain engine performance over time?
Regular use of TOTAL EXCELLIUM fuels allows to keep the injection system and the inlet valves clean.
- For petrol engines : by keeping the engine admission system clean, TOTAL EXCELLIUM 95 allows to maintain excellent quality of air/fuel mixing, and therefore preserves the performances of your engine over its lifetime.
Moreover, TOTAL EXCELLIUM fuels protect metal components from corrosion due to water presence (caused by condensation, rain, sprays…) which might harm some parts of your engine’s fuel system.
They also comprise molecules which limit friction between metal components, therefore reducing the risk of wear on the sensitive parts of your engine. Your engine will take you further, for longer.
And what about consumption reduction?
A fouled engine can increase the fuel consumption of your engine, this is why it is essential to keep it clean to maintain its efficiency.
Are polluting emissions reduced with all the products of the TOTAL EXCELLIUM range?
Indeed, using whether TOTAL EXCELLIUM 95, CO2 emissions are directly reduced thanks to the reduction in consumption.
1) By comparison with a fuel with no specific additives, tests carried out in July 2013 on an indirect injection engine on a test bench in compliance with the reference method CEC F-05-93. Results may vary depending on the type of vehicle.
2) By comparison with a fuel with no specific additives, test performed by an external body in August 2013 on a indirect injection engine on a test bench in compliance with the reference method CEC F-05-93. Results may vary depending on the type of vehicle.
3) By comparison with a fuel with no specific additives, tests carried out in July 2013 on an indirect injection engine on a test bench using a method provided by the Total Research Center. Results may vary depending on the type of vehicle.